Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I like grapes"


After our Young Women activity last Tuesday, I stopped at the store. {First of all, a new grocery store opened up near us, and I LOVE it, but that's a whole different post!}
So, I stopped at the store to pick up a few things. As I walked in there were a tons and tons of grapes. I looked at the sticker on the grapes and it said $1.24. I looked at it again, still $1.24. It was a 4 pound box of grapes! 4 POUNDS FOR ONE DOLLAR AND TWENTY FOUR CENTS! I was shocked! So I box 4 boxes. Yes, I'm sure they were about to expire, but I got them anyway. I brought them home and was laughed at. 16 pounds of grapes is quite overwhelming, it's a lot of grapes. No one thought we could eat them.

Well, we did. All 16 pounds. I was going to freeze some, but we ate them. They were so good. Between 3 adults and 2 children, we ate all of those grapes! I don't know if that's gross or not, but we really did enjoy them. We just had a bowl full of them. And would refill them as soon as they were gone. It was nice having fruit like that so accessible. It made me feel like such a good mom!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Your story and picture just about motivated me to make some yummy chicken salad with grapes in it for dinner . . . but then I would have to go to the store and get some grapes to do that.

brittanyandtravis said...

What a great deal!