Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harry Potter 6

Yes, I am a nerd. I have read every Harry Potter book. I told myself that I never would. But, alas, I have read all 7 books. And liked them, even. I was excited about the new movie. But, I think I have to reread the book. It was a very long book, and I don't remember if what I missed is in the next book or in the 6th book. I don't know. It was a good movie anyway, there were a few things different and a few things left out, but the basic story was there, I guess. Afterall it is a freaking long book and only a 2 hour movie. You can't have the ENTIRE book there.


We went to the drive in, and since it was only PG this time, we were perfectly fine with the kids staying up to watch the movie. Noah was pretty excited about it as well. He went in "costume". I drew the lightening bolt scar on his forehead, and he wore his Harry Potter glasses. He looked awesome. He loved it. We got to the drive-in a little early to ensure our spot. And I think we were there a little too early. They kids played a lot, and there was a lot of running around. Which, resulted in Noah falling asleep about half an hour into the movie. Oh, well. There is always the DVD.

2 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

I was amazed that the movie was only PG. What about those undead in the lake? Scary Larry! Maybe your kid is tougher than my kid, because I won't let her watch the movie until she's 12. She doesn't even know who Harry Potter is.

brittanyandtravis said...

You always have the most fun family activities! And I love Noah's costume.