Monday, August 15, 2011

first day of school.

My baby girl is in Kindergarten. She is so little and so young! She's only 4...Noah had a whole year on her when he started Kindergarten. Maybe that's why it was harder to leave her at the classroom door this morning! 

This morning they both were awake by 7, and all smiles. Macie came into our room and couldn't hold in her smile, she was SO EXCITED to go to school. They ate breakfast, and were crazy. After getting dressed, doing hair, and brushing teeth, we were ready to go. Adam went with us to be my emotional support for the first day, but he wasn't so supportive! ;-) As soon as we get in the car he turns on Taylor Swift's song, "Never Grow Up", and yes, the tears came. I was already crying on the drive to the school, dangit! It wasn't nice! 

Macie lined up at the Kindergarten door with all confidence. She didn't even bat an eye when I said by to her. She just smiled and waved and walked in the classroom. I think it helped tremendously that we already know the teacher well, and Noah just did it last year. But, of course, I cried. Even a little sob. {Hey, I am pregnant, you know! ;-)} It'll be only a few hours until I pick her up. I can do this. 

Noah doesn't start until 15 minutes later, so we wandered over and found his classroom line, and he was excited to see his friends, but didn't want them to think he was too excited, so he just stared at them. I think he might have been in a little bit of pain, however. On the walk to the school from the car, he was telling me how excited he was for his FIRST day of FIRST grade, and he walked right into a big pole, poor kid! But, he's a trooper. I helped him find his chair, and said goodbye to him at the door, and of course teared up thinking that I won't see him until 2:35!

My kids are so big. It's sad. But, it's exciting! Have fund a school guys! 










{And tomorrow, will be a whole new set of emotions as I send them both on the bus...}

2 comments:

Alison said...

I can't believe it! I kind of wish Rylee were going to school, but I am kind of glad that I don't have to go through all that growing up stuff yet! And I'm glad I still have a couple of weeks before my first day, but it will be here before I know it! I can't wait to hear how the first day went for them!

Stephanie said...

So cute! They were totally excited- and I'd be crying too, not even pregnant. I can't believe she's already in school. FUN!