Macie was so excited to ride the bus. We had a carpool with Noah, so he only got to ride the bus home on Fridays. But since there are two in school now, and they come home at different times, and I'll have a new baby soon, the bus seemed like the best option. Macie hadn't really ever got to ride a bus before. She kept telling me that the only other bus she has been on was from the Disneyland parking lot. So, this was a big day for her. We got up really early to catch the morning pick up bus, got all ready, and left the house to walk to the stop at 7:30. The bus was driving away. It isn't supposed to leave until 7:40. I was a little frustrated, as were the kids. But, after much reassuring that they would ride it home, and we'd leave earlier tomorrow, they were content with me just driving them to school.
At noon, I walked down to the corner to wait for Macie's bus. When it came, of course, I got a little teary. And she just got off like she was the most confident little girl ever. This whole kindergarten thing has changed my little girl. Funny, I know, that in only 2 days of school, she could be different. But, she really is. She seriously gained so much confidence over the past two days. She's independent. Her first bus ride was a success. She loved it. And loved that she got to sit by a girl in her class. She told me that she will not sit by any boys on the bus. Only girls. Hopefully this will last a little longer, she was already pretty boy crazy, but maybe school will calm that down a bit! ;-)










2 comments:
I still can't believe she's going to kindergarten, but I bet she's loving it!
Aw I love it! I'm kind of sad Aliyah won't be doing that in Kinder, we'll have to wait another year for her I guess. Her school will probably just feel like pre-school again for her. Oh well. Macie looks so cute!
Post a Comment