Monday, August 22, 2011

the first week

We all survived the first week. It was quite an emotional week. Pregnant mothers should not be sending their kids to school for the first time. Especially when they are due very very soon. Very poor planning! It took us a few days to figure out the whole bus thing. We missed it one day, it never came another...and after two phone calls to the Transportation department, I think we're good. As long as we wake up on time to get to the stop at 7:30.

Macie loves Kindergarten. She loves going somewhere everyday. And going there on the bus. She gets a little concerned every morning, however. There hasn't been the same bus driver everyday, and that bothers her. She likes consistency. She always comes off of the bus with a grin. She loves when I ask her what she did, because I really don't already know! She loves her teacher and her new friends that she has made {even if she can't remember their name...it'll take time!} She loves that she's able to eat lunch at school...all by herself. She's such a big girl now, and a big Kindergartner. And I can't believe it! 


Noah loves First Grade, as well. It's quite a long day, and he comes home with bags under his eyes, and is obviously ready for bed around 7. He loves doing Math and reading his stories. He is so proud of himself when he passes off a book and gets to bring home the next one. He's learning so quickly. He gets a little shy at school, I think. He talks very quietly and not much. {which is totally opposite of what he is like at school} He is definitely a people pleaser. He tells me everyday who got in trouble and for what, and he assures me that he won't ever do that, because his teacher does not like that. And I grateful that he realizes that! He's a good kid, and very smart. All day school? Yeah, he loves it.


 I'm so proud of my little school kids.

1 comments:

Alison said...

Macie looks so cute! And Noah looks so handsome! And I wish I had a classful of Noahs coming next week- I'm not quite sure what I'm going to get and I'm a little nervous! Does he want to move here and be in my class?!?