Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oso Flaco

If you come to visit us, we'll probably take you to Oso Flaco. It's a "hike", or more of a walk. You start out on on a dirt train surrounded my trees. And then you get to a Lake. A bridge gets your across. However, if we go with you, I will not be walking with you on the bridge. I will be FAR ahead of you, pretty much sprinting across the bridge. {Bridges are so not my thing.} And then you hike along a boardwalk for a while until you reach the ocean. Usually it's pretty secluded. It's a bit windy there, and it's not the best laying out or surf beach, but it's the ocean all the same! We love it there. We love where we live. We took Carol on this excursion.















photo courtesy of Macie Photography


Usually we take the stroller along for the ride, but this was our first attempt without it. If Jacob can walk the 2.5 miles roundtrip, anyone can! He loved being able the just run like Noah and Macie. He's getting far too old, far too fast! 

So, who's next?

5 comments:

Andrea Grover said...

I remember your thing for bridges. Next time we're in California, you can take us!

Alison said...

We'll be next. I'm pretty sure we're going to California now. I just have to figure out how we're going to pay for it all! And decide if we can all survive the ride in the van!

Mel said...

I'm pretty sure Macie will kill you for that picture when she's older.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

We could use some Cali sunshine about now! Macie's little bum crack pic made me laugh. And you are looking marvelous. We are really falling behind in the kid count. Aren't Macie and Lucy only a few weeks apart and now you will have 2 more?!

carol said...

Was it ONLY 2.5 miles?? What a great day that was!
p.s. Love Macie's "baby cheeks"!