{I'm kinda slow in the posting of this. I guess I forgot about posting it. I'm not a very good blogger anymore. I'm going to start over! But, the party was too great to forget about.}
Noah has really been into Star Wars. He loves anything and everything Star Wars. Sadly, his pirate themed bedroom will shortly be transformed to Star Wars. The pirates seemed cuter {well, not the skeletons and cross bones, but the blanket}. I guess it just means he's getting older. I have been planning this party for a while. It's always been in the back of my mind. And, really, it wasn't a very expensive party either. I was proud of my money saving tactics! Here is what we came up with.
The invite:
The decor:
{it was pretty simple. but it totally worked. we also had a star wars tablecloth, but that isn't pictured for some reason.}
The Food:
{the decor was really all about the food.}
and we also had "saber dogs", there isn't a picture of them either. birthday parties are crazy, forgive me, please! They were just a hot dog with a crescent roll wrapped around the bottom. they loved them. and they were cheap and easy.
The Activity:
Each child was issued a "Jedi Tunic" upon arrival to the party. They were going to participate in Jedi Training, so they needed to be official. And then with an adults help they were able to pick their color and "build" their lightsaber. Or, duct tape the foam, whichever works! And they they were put to the test in mock battles and exercises to test their Jedi abilities.
And then Darth Vader made a surprise appearance. They learned well in Jedi Training, Darth Vader got quite a beating with those lightsabers!
And you can't forget the pinata!
It was a very fun party, we had Star Wars, the movie, playing in the background the whole time for those who didn't want to participate in thje lightsaber duals. Or if they were just tired. It turned out well. Another one down and one more to go for the year!
Happy Birthday, Jedi Noah!













3 comments:
Looks like fun- will you plan my kids' parties too? Ashlyn's is coming- it's going to be Minnie- any suggestions? I've got nothing except store bought invitations!
I like your new family picture too!
Awesome and more awesome. I have a Star Wars cookbook that includes recipes for such lovely treats as Yoda Soda and Wookiee Cookies. I must ask: Which Star Wars movie did you have playing in the background?
We did indeed have Yoda Soda, too. Forgot about that one! This must be why I should blog right away, huh? But, we just played Star Wars in the background, the original first one, I guess!
Post a Comment