Five days. That's it. Holy cow, I better get crackin! I had all these ideas for Christmas presents this year, and now it's only 5 days away, and I haven't done much with them. Crap. Oh well, I do it every year, I think 'Procrastination' should be my middle name! Can I use the "I've been sick" card?? It'll come, it'll be good, the kids will love it!
We do have Christmas decor up, however. Not the outside lights, though. {ahem...Adam? ;-)} Maybe it's 8 years of marriage that will be the lucky one to have outside Christmas lights? It's been fun having the Christmas stuff up, the kids love it. This year we have three trees. Yes, three. One in the "book room", or the room you first see when you walk in our house. Another in the TV room, and then the kids have one in their room. I had hoped that it would detract them from taking all of the breakable ornaments off the "good" tree, but so far we have had one casualty, I guess it didn't work so well. Our elf "came" back this year, too. Since we are ghetto, and didn't want to pay the money for the Elf on the Shelf book, we compromised, and just bought an elf. It serves the same purpose, and it works! It's kind of creepy, but isn't the whole idea of the Elf on the Shelf creepy anyway?;-) But, I think the novelty wore off this past week, they haven't been so good , and even the threat of elf watching them doesn't help!
I am excited for Christmas, I love this time of year, I do. I just don't like the stress that is involved! Most of the Christmas cards are out, you should be getting yours soon! Watch for it.











2 comments:
Looks great! You need to come decorate my house! Even though you say you procrastinate, you always manage to pull it off. I do not work well under pressure! And I hope that 8 years of marriage and Christmas lights work better for you. We don't have any this year and when we do, it doesn't come without a fight! It can't be that hard to put up Christmas lights, can it?!? Matt used his back as an excuse this year, but he's never liked doing it!
(We do have lights in the windows, but it's not the same as having them on the roof- and I had to put them up!)
Beautiful decorations, presenation of them! And I like your red lampshade! And the red star over the piano, and, and, and! You are a visionary!! (Not as in "having visions" but as in seeing design in your head prior to its physical creation. Most of us have to see it in front of us to know if it will work or not, Ms. Smartie Pants you!)
Post a Comment