Macie is very opinionated. I really think she is a 16 year old stuck in a 4 year old body! It's interesting sometimes. We have been planning to do a Star Wars themed Halloween for a year. She has been onboard to be Princess Leia, and very excited about it.
However, when she learned of her Halloween costume party at her dance class, she did not want to be Princess Leia. "It wouldn't be Halloween yet, Mom. I have to be something else."
I tried Alice. She has the adorable Alice dress from her birthday that my mom made, perfect! But, no. People have seen her as Alice, that will not do. Belle? No, that was so two years ago. Sleeping Beauty? No. That's a dress up everyday costume. She insisted on Cinderella. I have been in the process of making her a Cinderella costume for a while. It was yards and yards ot double tulle, satin, and a makeshift petticoat underneath. A lot of layers, really. When I was like 98% done, I ripped the dress bodice, so it has sat on my sewing table for months. I guess now would be the best time as any to fix it. So, we did. And she looked pretty adorable. Complete with "glass" slippers even. Since I procrastinated it so much we didn't have time for gloves, but that's alright, she looked pretty darn cute anyway!

{***Editors Note: I guess I should probably also add to this post. Macie was invited to a storytime on Tuesday morning. The day before the dance party. At the last minute...really, like think 20 minutes before we were leaving, I got an e-mail that the storytime was a dress up storytime. Of course, Macie had to wear a costume. And it had to be Cinderella. I was hoping for a whole day to complete it before dance. So, in 20 minutes, we made a casing for the skirt, put ribbon in to tie it on her, used a few safety pins, whipped up a headband in like 2 minutes, and scrounged to find black ribbon for her necklace. It was quick, but we did it. It was almost better to get it done in a hurry and not look at it and critique everything and notice all of the flaws. Life is better that way. One day I'll be like that...}
7 comments:
cute! you are such a good mom!!!
Love it love it!! She makes a great Cinderella! Fab job Lindsay.
You have too much time on your hands!
Thank you!
Alison--the problem is I don't have any time on my hands...I have too many projects and too many ideas...and then nothing ever gets done...
So super cute! I'm very impressed. So no Leia huh? Well maybe it'll become an everyday dress-up
It is a beautiful costume- I could never make something like that! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
oh my goodness! you are amazing!! such a good mom....welcome to the world of girls!! costume changes every few minutes!!
Post a Comment