Thursday, May 8, 2008

Potty Update

So, if you were wondering about Noah's potty training, still wonder. It's non existent these days. Occasionally I'll hear him say he needs to go potty, but clearly he has already gone. I've tried potty charts with stickers and cars as rewards, but he's fine with the cars he has. He told me he doesn't need anymore. My friend Natalie gave me an idea to have him put his hand in a cup with warm water and quarters and have him transfer the quarters to another cup...no dice. We've tried having him aim. He doesn't get it. He loses interest very quick. We've even tried potty books. Do you think he cares? Nope. He likes to sit in wet diapers. I don't know why. It's a struggle to get him to lay down so I can change him. He cries almost every time! So, I've come to the conclusion that my son will be in diapers when he goes to college. I don't know who's going to be changing them. But he just doesn't care, he's too busy to care and worry about the potty. That kid.

4 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

I hate potty training! You better just wait until he is ready and he wants to do it. There just isn't any forcing when it comes to stubborn toddlers :) They have to do it on their own time which usually is not a good time for us! Good luck to you keep us updated.

Andrea Grover said...

I tried leaving this comment before, but our Internet connection has been less than stable lately ...

A lady I visit teach said that she used a totally different method of toilet training on her two boys, and it worked great for her! You can check out some info on it at http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/How-to-potty-train-in-one-day.htm. I had never heard of it before, but maybe it's worth a shot.

How's the weaning going?

We'd love to have you over while you're in I.F.! We'll be going out of town on the 30th after Seth gets home from work, but otherwise we'll be around. Give us a call!

Carol said...

Hey Cousins! Dave sent me your blog. Fun to see how things are going in California. So Andrew is also 3 and has no desire to potty train. The difference is that I haven't tried a thing! He's so stubborn about everything in life that I just haven't mustered up the energy to even try. I ask once in a while, he replies with an emphatic "NO!"

Brooke said...

My cousins twins turned 4 in January. Gavyn's been potty trained for a few months now (he got a bike as his reward) and Hunter is still trying to earn his bike! Heather's learned that he does better going commando! He'll learn fast! But it might be kinda messy ...
I think I should be on your favorite blogs list.
That's funny that you almost ended up in San Diego! I think I can manage in the city ... but I just don't love it! I got too used to Rexburg and knowing everyone I saw! And not having to be worried about making eye contact in the grocery store! Ack!