{October 5}
Last year I started planning Macie's sixth birthday party. Yes, she had just turned five, but I had to plan! We decided on a Witch's Tea Party theme. She had wanted to do a witch party last year for Halloween...but, I decided to do it this year because then I could get all of the stuff on mega clearance after Halloween. And, boy, was I right. I'm talking Mega 90% off clearance for everything for her party: witch hats, broom, crow, garlands, feathers, party favor bags, crafts...the whole thing. So, feeling pretty good about myself, I started pinning things left and right. There were so many things I could have done with that party. Sadly, the best ideas came like the day before the party! I guess maybe I should just wait until the last minute!
Since it was her sixth birthday, she got to invite six friends. However, I did not take in to consideration, apparently, that not everything likes witches. One little girl couldn't come because of the witch theme. But, really...it was very innocently witch. Nothing scary. No spells were done. No one was cursed. Really, just slap on a witch hat, and call it a Witch Party, but whatever! She still had fun with the kids that were able to come!
Our friend, Paul makes pinatas. He makes some pretty rocking pinatas. This year was a witch head. It was awesome. A little creepy...but awesome! ;-) We had witch finger pretzels, witch brew jello in mini cauldrons, sand"witches", witches spell kabobs, and no dry ice. Seriously, we had a witch party with no dry ice. Who knew it would be so hard to find?? Oh well. The girls made "spooky gardens" in jars, played Witch Pitch, had a freeze dance party {which was the total highlight of the whole party}, drew witch pictures {and they could have probably done that the whole time, too!}, and whacked the pinata.
Of course, there were regrets of what I could have done after all was said and done, but whatever. She loved it!


























1 comments:
What a fun party! What's the theme for next year?
Post a Comment