Wednesday, July 18, 2012

the 4th

We headed to Idaho for the 4th of July. It's been about six years since we have. The fireworks show in Idaho Falls is amazing. Who would have thought such a little town would have the best fireworks show? I had heard that the show in San Diego was one of the top in the nation. So, I was feeling a little bad to miss it, since I live there and all. But, did you hear that it malfunctioned? Yeah, they all went off at the same time. Glad I didn't stick around for it! It was so fun to be in Idaho with family to enjoy our countries freedom. And...to celebrate Cory's 22 birthday! Alison's girls, Rylee and Ashlyn got along so well with our kids! They really didn't even skip a beat when the saw each other, it was as if they saw each other all of the time. They all had to take turns holding Avila in the pictures. She was quite the hit!

We enjoyed Larry's famous chicken and Myrt's yummy rolls, and lots of other good eats as well, then headed to the fireworks. Macie hated every second of the fireworks, as did Jacob. But Avila, on the otherhand, loved every second! Hopefully we'll be back soon...














2 comments:

Alison said...

We had so much fun with you guys! You need to come to Idaho for the 4th of July every year!

Michael Cole said...

I wish we would have known you were in Idaho Falls! We would have totally come over to see you guys and enjoy the fireworks. Next time you are home let us know. We are moving to Rexburg next week for Michael's new job. He is going to be the Sports Editor for the Rexburg Standard Journal.