My dad is a ventriloquist. He's pretty good at it. And, witty, too. He's perfect for the gig. He has a friend named Jerry. Growing up, we were all a little scared of what we called "the dummy". He lived in a white suitcase, and was just a little scary. It could have been the Night of the Living Dummy that did it for me. I just seriously thought he was going to come to life in the middle of the night and I would wake up with him staring at me.
Maybe I just didn't appreciate it. I asked my dad to bring out "the
dummy" when we were in Idaho. The kids loved it. They weren't scared
like we all were. They just laughed and laughed. The adults all laughed
and laughed at Dad's good one liners. It was perfect. The first show,
Jacob was asleep. So, Jerry came for another visit later one, and he
didn't disappoint. Jacob loved loved loved him. He keeps asking if Jerry
is coming to visit us when Momo and Pa come. He's a package deal, now,
Dad! :-)









1 comments:
The kids sure loved Jerry. And I think Dad loved doing it.
Post a Comment