Thursday, January 9, 2014

Macie sews!



Macie is a crafty little girl. She loves anything and everything craft related. She is always cutting paper to make things or just planning her next craft. She has talked about not having enough Barbie clothes. When I told her that Momo used to make her own Barbie clothes, she decided that she wanted to learn to sew. She originally had planned for this summer, but Santa surprised her earlier and got her a little sewing machine just her size. Adam was a bit skeptical. He thinks she is going to sew her fingers, because he is certain that a needle went through his finger when he was little. But, I'm pretty sure that the needle went through his finger by him actually putting it under the needle and stepping on the pedal. You would have to actually work for that! I'm pretty confident that she will be fine. 

She asked for her first sewing lesson. We sewed a pillow. I threaded the needle for her and used the pedal while she guided the fabric. She did really well. A lot better than I did in seventh grade Home Ec! And now she has a pillow on her bed that she sewed, and she is quite proud of it! 

I'm excited that she is so excited about it! I'm sure there will be many more "lessons" and she'll eventually learn more than me, I don't know much! I just call Mom! But, it's a fun thing for her and I to do. 

Maybe I'll start making her make her own clothes!

0 comments: