{yes, I'm slow. Hey, I'm pregnant. It's okay! ;-)}
My kids have come to expect too much when it comes to holidays. Christmas I can see, but when they start making lists for Valentines Day and Easter, I think it's time to draw the line! I wanted Easter to be more Christ centered this year, and not so much all about the Easter Bunny. Yes, the Easter Bunny still did come, and he did bring lots of candy and a movie for each child, but we also did something extra. Each kid got a Book of Mormon in a case. The older two got a flip book of pictures of Christ, and Jacob got a gospel ABCs book to look at during Sacrament Meeting. It worked out well. They really enjoyed getting these gifts. However, waiting until the night before to make the scripture bags was not a good idea! I was up until 3 making them plus bow ties for the boys. I'm very glad I didn't decide to make Macie's dress!
I think my kids are finally starting to get what Easter is really all about. Macie came home after church and retold the story of Jesus' resurrection. She was right on. She got every detail about the tomb, the spices, his clothes...everything. I was very impressed. I'm so glad that all three of them love going to Primary, and that they have great teachers who teach them effectively, and they are loving learning about the gospel. It makes me so happy to see their love of the gospel.
I always try to get cute pictures of all three together, but that is nearly impossible. Even an individual pictures with Noah is far and in between. And now we'll add another into the mix, and it's going to get even worse. Goodness.











2 comments:
jacob is getting skinny!!! (and as cute as ever!)
I love these photos--and these kids! Noah's arm around Macie is pretty cute, downright brotherly! I miss you guys terribly, have my Nana banners next to my computer screen always! xoxo
p.s. I felt very scholarly, smart, unique with my new scripture bag this last Sunday--Ward Conference. I caught my Stake President eying it, doing the envy thing :)
Post a Comment