Thursday, February 17, 2011

kindergarten

Macie is registered for Kindergarten. And I can't believe it. Seriously, wasn't she just born? In six months she will be starting school, leaving me for half of a day, and Noah for an entire day! It's craziness. Macie has been ready to go to school since Noah started. She hates that he gets to go and she has to stay home. Luckily the deadline in California is so dang late so she does get to go with a mid-September birthday, or we would be in trouble. She would go so crazy! When we went in to register there were so many kids there who were at least a head shorter than her. She's probably going to be the tallest in the class, and one of the younger ones. Not only will her blond hair make her stick out like a sore thumb, her height will make her that much easier to spot on the playground!



I am a little nervous, though. I hope she doesn't give her teacher attitude like she gives us!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Lucky girl! We have to go take Lucy to a child psychologist to see if she can test in to kindergarten this year. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with her if she doesn't pass. She's so done with preschool.

Andrea Grover said...

When I saw you post about Macie registering for kindergarten on Facebook, I thought, "But isn't her birthday in September?" I didn't realize the deadline was later in CA.

Don't tell my sister-in-law ... she'd probably pack up the entire family and move down there just to get her oldest in school a year early so she only has two at home during the day.