Seven. I remember being seven. I remember my birthday party when I turned seven. I remember a lot about being seven. And this makes me nervous as a mother! If I remember being seven, she sure will...so I better not mess up!
She has been counting down the days til her birthday since about September 17th of last year. For some reason she has been DYING to turn seven. I'm not sure why it's been such a magical number to her, but she seriously could not wait. She's got a later birthday, so she's one of the youngest second graders, so the fact that most of her friends turned seven during first grade could be why she was so eager to turn seven. She was also insistent that she would grow the morning of her birthday. We measured her the night before on the wall, and the first thing in the morning she brought me a pencil and wanted me to measure her again. And, guess what? She had grown! It was crazy. Like seriously. She had grown a little. Maybe she was just standing a little taller because of the excitement of her birthday, but that mark on the wall was a bit higher than the one the night before, and she was ecstatic!
She was a little disappointed that she had to go to school on her birthday.Who wouldn't be? I never had to go as a little girl, but I knew that I wouldn't want to! So, I wrapped up her lunch. Everything in her lunch was wrapped like a gift. I knew that she would either love it, or be really mad at me. Turns out, she loved it.
She got to open the present from Momo, Pa and Cory before school. {I kinda knew there would be birthday clothes inside! ;-)}
She got a little excited about her birthday cinnamon roll. She's a goofy girl, for sure!
I had high hopes of surprising her with balloons after school. However, Mother Nature had other plans. It was 104 when it was time to pick her up. I know the balloons wouldn't last. They would either just fall or pop, so we decided against that, and just showed up with Daddy and lots of hugs and kisses! Just having Daddy there was enough, really.
At home she had to wait to open presents until after cake. It was killer! Luckily, they get out of school at 3:20, so by the time we got home it was nearly 4, and pretty much time for an early dinner. She got to pick anything she wanted for dinner. I told her that I could make her anything she wanted, or she could pick ANY restaurant. I was sure she would pick Olive Garden. She didn't. She picked Del Taco. Del Taco? Yeah, I don't know why, either. However, she changed her mind to Chick Fil A. That was a step up, but whatever. She wanted to go. So went head there. When we got there, there was a tent set up outside with princess stuff everywhere...including horse drawn carriages. I was sure that this was a private birthday party, and we would be screwed because it would be packed. It was a but busy, but it was Chick Fil A's princess night! Macie picked the perfect place on the perfect day!
After eating and playing in the playplace, Mace decided it was too loud inside and we headed outside to all of the hoopla out there. The line was far too long for a carriage ride, and she just wanted cake and to open presents, so we got off on that one easy, but she did want a picture with Rapunzel. When it was our turn, Macie told her that it was her birthday, and Rapunzel broke out into song, singing Happy Birthday to her. I didn't have enough warning to video it, but it was pretty awesome.
We finally got to eat the cake and open presents. She was a little over the top while opening presents. She is our drama queen. My goodness. I can see an acting career in her future!
To end the night, she got "Golden Pepsi". That's pretty much all she wanted, really. She was a content, sugared up, seven year old! It was a fun day, and although she had plans to do so much more for her big day, there wasn't enough time in the day!
She's such a grown up little girl. I do have to remind myself several times a day that she is just a little girl. She may be feisty and know what she wants, but she's still just a sweet little seven year old. Never grow up, baby girl. Never grow up.


































0 comments:
Post a Comment