In July 2008 we moved to Santa Maria. We knew it would only be temporary, like all of our other moves. It was inevitable. We planned on moving. What we didn't plan on is building friendships with so many people and truly loving the area we lived. That was unexpected. And sadly, because of that, it was so hard to leave our little oasis we had made for ourselves. I had talked myself into staying longer, really.
Back up a bit...we didn't have an actual move date for the longest time. It was always just up in the air, but never set in stone. That bugged the heck out of me. I like to have a date and start planning for that date. I didn't know if we would even be enrolling either one of our kids in school in Santa Maria. Noah is in first grade now. That is how up in the air the move date was. We have been on the verge of moving for a few years now. We sort of put everything off just until we knew more. Bad choice. All of the sudden everything started moving along. The talk of moving was more and more. Finally, everything was falling into place to move. In January, a few coworkers made the move to San Diego. We thought we should start looking, but didn't know when we'd move. In February, Adam got "the call". The one we had been waiting years for. His expected start date was to be March 1st. It was February...March is the next month. What?! Had we not had school kids it wouldn't have been a big deal. We thought about Adam leaving and me staying behind to finish out the school year, but we decided to all just go as a family. Noah and Macie are young enough that it wouldn't matter too much!
After a few ER visits and a hospital stay for Adam {more on that later...}, we finally moved. We had movers. It was nice...and it wasn't. We left Santa Maria and headed to Escondido. We left our nice 2500 square foot home with a yard and no attached walls, to a townhome with no yard, a swimming pool in our "front yard", and two attached walls...and only 1500 square feet.
But, it's beautiful. We loved Santa Maria and thought it was lovely. And then we came here. Oh my heck...gorgeous. Everywhere, really. There is even a huge temple just 20 minutes away! No more 3 hour trek each way to get there!
We are slowly unpacking and getting a more normal routine of life. I don't know where camera cords are or have the time or patience to do much yet. But I am getting there. We are alive and well, and have good update intentions! Just you wait...
1 week ago










4 comments:
Can't wait to see what it's like! I wish we were coming in person though!
Yay!! The important questions are....Have you found the local craft/fabric stores and where is the nearest strawberry stand? We miss you but so happy to hear you love the new area. Can't wait to read about your new adventures.
So glad for the update! I've been waiting and wondering how you guys are. I absolutely LOVE SD. If given the opportunity (probably in retirement) I would love to move there. Matt's going there this weekend actually, for a seminar though so I'm not going. Anyway, glad you are liking it and getting settled! We miss you guys! Michael is begging to go to Lego Land since he has free passes & I love Sea World. Maybe a summer trip is in order. We'll for sure let you know if we do.
Keep us updated on everything! I'm so curious what it's actually like to live there. hahaha
Moving is so hard, even if it is to another beautiful area! I'll miss seeing you guys when I visit SM :(
Post a Comment