Tuesday, March 8, 2011

day 7

Jacob is weaned. Officially weaned. He is no longer a nursing baby. He's a milk drinking toddler. Yes, he still asks for it in his pathetic little voice, "Nurse me, Mom." But, I haven't. Not in SEVEN whole days. If you know Jacob, you know that that is HUGE! He was quite the nurser. And now he's sleeping better, eating a little better, and is {sadly} getting skinnier! He has a neck! His bum isn't quite as large, we've even gone down a diaper size. He's now sporting size 5. His eating habits are still not very good, but he's getting there. He drinks a few cups of milk, and lots of cereal. He's not getting his daily milkshake, so he is going through withdrawals. His terrible twos are very evident, but that's alright. I could hang on to my baby, or let him grow up, which he'll do anyway! And now I'll get a few month break before the next bout of nursing begins.

1 comments:

carol said...

I admire your logical thinking--it's hard not to be emotional when Jacob is pleading with you--about anything! p.s. While I never saw his neck, I knew he had one--because his head turned! Kiss him, squeeze him hard for Nana!!